About the Opportunity
Tyler Clementi Foundation (TCF), a small, and growing, national nonprofit organization in New York City seeks an accomplished and enterprising fundraising professional. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will lead a rapidly scaling and sustainable fundraising program. TCF seeks an coordinated, strategic individual with compelling presentation skills and broad-based development expertise.
The successful candidate must demonstrate remarkable abilities in management, organization, communications (oral and written) event management and other areas related to fundraising. The Development Director will be responsible for achieving assigned annual revenue goals through the generation of increased and new major gifts and the on-going cultivation of annual donors and loyal patrons. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of successful fundraising experience and unique interpersonal capabilities in order to help board members leverage their relationships and uncover new donors.
This individual will manage all aspects of organizational fundraising and donor development; produce and maintain annual campaign materials and data, coordinate special events, committees, and volunteers, prospecting, online fundraising, giving circles, and manage the grants program. Sales and marketing and/or non-profit management experience is a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint are a must. Knowledge of CRM system is essential.
The Tyler ClementiFoundation (TCF) Works to end online and office bullying in schools, workplaces and faith communities.
Mission: The Tyler Clementi Foundation (TCF), guided by the life and story of Tyler Clementi, promotes safe, inclusive and respectful social environments in homes, schools, campuses, churches and the digital world for vulnerable youth, LGBT youth and their allies.
Through educational partnerships, research, public dialogues and awareness programs, TCF fosters empathetic, constructive discussions of respect and dignity for youth and families, at all levels of society.
Vision: We envision a world that embraces all members of society with human dignity and unconditional love regardless of sexual orientation or differences, real or perceived.
- Work closely with Executive Director to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan. This plan will include a presumption of growth and diversification of funding streams and full organizational involvement in fundraising.
- Establish priorities to achieve goals for growth and milestones for progress against the plan and execute with the team.
- Under the leadership of the Executive Director and the Board, develop appropriate cultivation strategies, moving donors and potential donors to close and/or upgrade gifts, make solo solicitations when appropriate, maintain stewardship contacts and forge relationships with new major gift prospects.
- Create and expand on current development strategies, such as online campaigns, building donor levels, creating a sustainer program, donor upgrades, donor retention, prospecting, material development, events, grants, corporate sponsorships and mail.
- Interpret and communicate status of development endeavors including how they compare against industry standards to Board of Directors.
- Attend evening/weekend programs in order to steward/cultivate current and new donors and to encourage further collaborative fundraising partnerships with key program partners. You must be effective at networking to be successful in this position.
- Draft compelling letters and fundraising proposals to solicit renewed and new major gifts as well as continual cultivation of annual donor relationships
- Should be detail-oriented around the many facets of events, deadlines, contracts, volunteers and working with vendors
- Perform other duties and tasks as related or assigned
- A proven, successful, track record of achieving major gifts goals
- Have lived in NYC Metro area for a minimum of 2 years
- Expertise in designing and implementing cultivation and/or stewardship events and initiatives, and committee development and management
- Strong organizational skills and discipline in safe-guarding donor information and database records
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards with the ability to maintain strictest of confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- Ability to articulate the organization's philosophy, mission and goals succinctly
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide variety of constituencies
- High level of self-awareness
- Experience working with and managing project teams and volunteers effectively
- Familiar with fundraising and communications software
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Cover letter and resume must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include Development Director in the subject line.