Ever wanted to answer a kid’s letter to Santa? Here’s your chance!
Gay-straight alliance Swish is teaming up with Hetrick-Martin Institute, NYC’s leading provider of social support and programming for at-risk LGBTQ youth, to grant holiday wishes to their community. HMI’s services have made an impact on the lives of thousands of young people:
- Over 2,000+ youth participate in HMI Programs annually.
- 200 youth participate annually in job-readiness training.
- Close to 100% of HMI youth take part in HMI’s innovative Health and Wellness Program, including HIV-prevention.
- 10,000 hot meals were served last year.
- 92% of Harvey Milk High School seniors graduated in 2008.
Wishes could include new shoes, a book, movie tickets, ice skating at Central Park, a winter coat, or a job interview. Donors will also have the opportunity to deliver their gifts in person!
Sign up to grant a holiday wish to one of HMI’s youth members at http://bit.ly/holidayswishes.
And please join Swish and representatives from HMI at a holiday Happy Hour sponsored by Swish’s corporate partner Mount Gay Rum! Drink specials and carols around the piano led by singer-songwriter Cassandra Kubinski will make this season of giving extra special!
Date: Friday, December 14th
Monster Club and Cabaret, NYC
**Give A Swish, Swish’s volunteer initiative, gives members the opportunity to volunteer with LGBT organizations in their day-to-day work and on issue campaigns and coalitions