Monday, June 8, 2015

A Message from Derrick M. Brown


Dear NGLCCNY Members,

Many of you received this news at our last M3, but today I am reaching out to formally announce my departure as your Executive Director. 

What sparked our exciting journey to New York City nearly 3 years ago is the same catalyst taking us back to Texas. My husband, Dan Ritchel, has been promoted within JPMorgan Chase, and will lead his national team from Dallas: a city where we have both considered home for many years. Consequently, my last day with NGLCCNY was May 31st.

I must admit that it has been an amazing three years here in New York getting to know you all.  I leave with mixed emotions. I’m elated for this new opportunity that Dan and I are embarking on, but I will greatly miss my colleagues and all of the people and connections that make up the NGLCCNY business family.


The honor of leading the Chamber for the last several years has been a great gift for which I am thankful. And, as you know, I am passionate about helping LGBT-owned businesses thrive. I hope I have made a positive difference for you, your company and our community-at-large. As we look back, it is inspiring to see all that we have accomplished together with our common purpose. Given the extensive efforts in the NYC LGBT business community, I know there are still amazing things to come.

Although my official last day was at the end of May, I am still looking forward to seeing you at all of our June events including:
  • NGLCCNY June M3  event sponsored by MassMutual Financial Group New Jersey-New York and hosted at Pranna, on Wednesday, June 17th.
  • The LGBT PRIDE event at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, on Thursday, June 18th
  • Our NYC PRIDE Luminaries Brunch at the James SoHo NY Hotel, on Sunday, June 21st

You can register for all of these events via our website at: www.NGLCCNY.org.



As always, I am dedicated to the LGBT equality and inclusion movement and will be available as a voice, a resource, and a supporter should you ever need me.  Please feel free to contact me at derrick.brown@mac.com or (214) 384-1188. 

I understand new leadership for the New York office has been selected and will be announced in the coming days.

Wishing you continued success in life and business...

Sincerely,

Derrick M. Brown

Please connect with me here: LinkedInFacebookTwitterInstagram  





Posted by Sean Franklin,
Senior Associate, Media Communications Committee, NGLCCNY
Director of Client Services, L7zGroup

Interested in being featured? Please contact me at Sean@NGLCCNY.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment