Friday, July 5, 2013

Goldman Sachs 10KSB Program






  • By:  Darren Carter, MD
    who:  Principal, NYC SEM
    NGLCCNY Professional Business Member

    Goldman Sachs Program Provides Free Training for Small Business Growth

    The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses (10KSB) program provides free training to small business owners who want to grow their revenues. Its mission is to “help entrepreneurs create jobs and economic opportunity by providing greater access to education, capital, and business support services.” 



    Launched in 2010 at New York City’s LaGuardia Community College, the program has graduated 1250 participants in 13 US cities. The program runs four months and requires your attendance for about 10 full days of class. The product of your efforts is an actionable company growth plan.

    My 10KSB experience exceeded many of my expectations. I enrolled Provistas, my medical coding ecommerce and software development company, which I had failed to sell in 2010. Establishing a clear corporate mission, my employees and I improved sales and marketing, and streamlined operations. I sold the improved company in 2013, and I started NYC SEM, a digital marketing firm that drives revenue-converting internet traffic.

      
    Besides receiving excellent education, I made strong friendships, connections, and even clients. I cannot recommend 10KSB enough. If your business has at least four employees and annual revenues between $150,000 and $4 million, you may be eligible to apply. Visit http://nsem.us/gs10ksb to find out more.


    Have a story or an experience to share with the NGLCCNY community?  Please email them to Gonzo Araya, Media Communications Chair at gonzalo@nglccny.org.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment